Here is their proof text from the KJV: Ps 103:20
"Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments [strongs # 1697], hearkening unto the voice of his word. [strongs # 1697], " (Psalm 103:20 KJV)
"Bless the Lord, you His angels, Mighty in strength, who perform His word [strongs # 1697],, Obeying the voice of His word [strongs # 1697],!" (Psalm 103:20 NASB)
Here are reasons why the text is not saying angels keep the 10 commandments:
- How could the Ten Commandments be intended for Angels, when one of the ten is: "You shall not commit adultery". Adultery is sex between two married humans. Angels are not only not human, but they also don't marry! If the Ten Commandments are intended for angels, then obviously one does not apply in any way to them. In reality, they only have nine they can break! And if only 9 apply, then why not also ignore the Sabbath Law since they dwell in heaven outside of time.
- It says commandments, not 10 commandments and there is a huge difference here. Every time a Sabbatarian sees the word "commandment" he mistakenly thinks, "10 commandments". Click here for a refutation of this false idea.
- Notice the NASB which renders the word "commandments" from the KJV [strongs # 1697] as "word", not commandments. In fact the KJV translated this word 807 times as "word" and only 20 times as commandments.
- Notice that the same word [strongs # 1697] is used twice in the passage. Even in the KJV the first time it is used is "commandments", and second time as "word".
- While we grant that this is the usual word for the "Ten Commandments" there are many places in the Old testament where the same word is used of obeying commandments of God that are quite distinct from the "Ten Commandments".
The angels obey whatever God commands, whatever it be on any specific day on an ongoing basis.
We Speak truth in LOVE
"you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth" Jn 8:40